Friday, April 22, 2011

Life is Good!!

It was beat up, neglected, held together with bungee cords, clomping around on one good tire.  Sometimes, it would cough to life for a brief time, but you couldn't dare turn it off as it was extremely doubtful it would start again.  We had a love/hate relationship.  The spring rains would come, the grass would grow high and my thoughts would turn to mowing.  I would stress over whether the dern tractor would start and if it did, would it keep running long enough to get anything done?  It wasn't the tractor's fault, it was just a machine, a machine that was neglected to the point it just gradually fell apart, but I felt that it constantly let me down.  Finally, after years of dreading the advent of "grass season", I finally broke down and bought a new lawn tractor.  Ohhhh....the bliss of it.  It starts, it stops and it actually starts again!  Oh myyy!!  And....it mows beautifully.  No missed spots, no uneven patches, no making hay in the front yard!  I surveyed the newly mown front yard and...danced....yes I danced as it was so smooth and so beautiful and yes, stress free.  Ahhhh...the relief!!

I planted some flower seeds in a barrel just off our front porch this week.  I wandered away for a moment to admire how our new flower garden is doing (it's beautiful!).  When I started back towards the porch....there was Bethany's cat Pookie Bear...in the barrel.....Oh Pookie....no, No, NOOOOO!!!  Not on my new flower seeds!!!!  We have about 10 acres here, why oh why did you choose There to do your business???  I know, I know....the fresh, soft dirt was irresistible, but Really!!!

It's Finally Friday!!  The week has been wished away and the weekend is about here.  Those of you out there who don't know what you want to be when you grow up, please try to find a job you love and enjoy going to each and every day.  The majority of our time is spent at work and as such, it should be somewhere you actually want to be.  Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.  ~Confucius  Have a wonderful weekend.  Plant some flowers, hug your loved ones, do something enjoyable because Monday will be here way too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment