Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fairy Tales Do Come True!!

Lucky little girls are raised believing they are princesses, that they will be loved by a handsome prince (who will come for them on a prancing white stallion) and that they will live happily ever after.  Yesterday the world watched as this fairy tale came true for Kate Middleton.  As a former member of the princess to be club, I was glued to the TV, totally engrossed in the pomp and pageantry, the beautiful bride, the handsome prince, the absolute glory of it all.  Tears of joy ran down my face as one lucky little girl saw the promises of childhood come true.

For the majority of us, we've had to work hard for the considerably downsized palace of our dreams, we've searched and hopefully found a prince who loves us and the white stallion, well, many former members of the princess to be club refused to let go of that dream and enjoy the companionship of horses throughout their lives. We're happy with the way our lives turned out, but for one shining moment in time, the memories of fairy tales long in the past rose up in us and as one, we stood up and cheered as our dreams came true for Kate.

1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    I must ask your forgiveness. Last year I fell upon your blog and completely fell in love with your writing... In the past number of months I was lost in my struggles... I received an email update and now have returned. Maybe it's my age, but I just realized our connection seems to be in a few areas, hidden though they may be.. Different lives, but walking down similar roads I believe.. I am going back to your beginning and starting again as I sincerely believe we share many of the same experiences and emotions..
    The princess dream lives in most little girls... I rejoice as you to see that some little girls do accomplish that dream.. But for me it has been carried for many years unfulfilled to date.. Or is it a dreams that is constantly under construction? I dream on with my feet and heart working to follow my dream...

    ReplyDelete