Friday, May 10, 2013

I Am Woman!! Lol

Was married in June of 1990, separated since February 14, 2008 and today....today May 10, 2013, I am an official bonafide divorcee.  Yippeekiyyayaye!!  It's definitely been a long time coming.  While I have mixed emotions, even after all this time, I am relieved it's over, it's done and...I'm fine, I am better than fine, I made it through a terrible time and am better for it, stronger than I thought I could ever be.  Only I walked in my particular shoes, yes, they are plum worn out, but not me...could of kept on going barefoot if I had to. My feet though rough and scaly, never faltered, never failed my children or myself.

Stiff and achy, I reach behind me and give myself a big ole pat on the back.

I did it.  I made it.  I'm better for it.  With a giggle and a smile, I skip, leaving the past behind, eyes fully fixed on my future.

Seems like maybe it's time for that pedicure now.  Whatcha think??

No comments:

Post a Comment