Saturday, May 28, 2011

Congratulations, Bethany!!

Once you become a mother, there are milestones in your child's life that are celebrated.....their first word, learning to walk, learning (finally) to use the potty (many high fives!), first day of kindergarten, high school, getting their driver's license and...high school graduation.  My youngest daughter graduated from high school last night.  Wow.  Yes, of course, I am very proud of her.  She climbed over many obstacles to get to this point.  It wasn't easy for her or me and although, at times, there were doubts, she made it!!  She did it!!  My baby girl stumbled through mine fields, gasped for her very breath after bursting out of the ocean, drowning, then not,  tripped through fire and came out alive on the other side. She's stronger now and I'm thankful and blessed that she's still here.  It's been quite a ride from her first breath to her graduation from high school.  Congratulations, Bethany!!  You've made me one very proud mom!!  I am so very thankful that I was there through the times that took my breath away and those that ripped the very heart out of me.  I wouldn't trade one single second of our time together.  Those many seconds added up to create the lovely young lady you've become and maybe, just maybe contributed to the many grey hairs on my head!!  Your whole life is ahead of you now.  Enjoy it, love it, embrace it, live it to it's fullest, be grateful for the small things that make you smile, forget the small things that irk you and that just won't matter in 10 years, believe in yourself and your ability to do anything you set your mind to as I've seen you overcome terrible things and come through the other side intact and ever stronger.  Remember.....I will always be your greatest fan, will always be on the sidelines rooting you on,  loving you with my whole heart, forever and for always, believing, always and forever believing that you can do anything, anything you want to do.  I Love You, Bethany and I could not be any prouder of you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment